Famous Last Words: Graduating in 9 Days!

This is it. My last post for this class. I can't believe I'm finally done! It is truly a bittersweet feeling. I have loved taking this class and Indian Epics last fall. These classes are truly one of a kind!

I am so, so, SO close to being done with college. It's CRAZY. Just this Monday I realized that this is my last full week of taking classes as an undergrad student. I just have one big paper and two finals, and then graduation, here I come! I am so ready to be able to say "Master has given Dobby a degree, Dobby is free!"

Literally me next week. 

My biggest regret regarding this class is that I gave up on my storybook. I had big expectations for myself and I'm disappointed that I didn't meet them. But mostly disappointed at the fact that I gave up because I knew if I had really tried, I could've done really great on my storybook. However, that's not saying that I'm not proud of what I have already. Trying to write in first person as Zeus and trying to make it funny was kind of hard because I didn't want to lose this "big, powerful ruler" personality I imagined Zeus would've had while trying to make his thoughts and everything funny. Honestly, I feel like I'm the type of person who will eventually go back and try to add another story long after this class is done. If I will, Laura I will definitely let you know about it.

And lastly, I want to thank Laura for being one of the greatest professors I've ever had! I appreciate all of the encouragement and help you have given me throughout this semester. Just like last semester with Indian Epics, I have gotten to learn so much about mythology and folklore. Thank you for creating a course that helps bring out the creativity in everyone. You are an awesome professor!

Comments

  1. Hey Shivani! Wow, congratulations! You're DONE! That must be exhilarating. I can't wait to get there, even though I've got a couple more years to get through first. I'm so happy for you, and I hope your winter break is restful and celebratory.

    Laura is SUCH a great professor! I'm so fortunate to have stumbled into this class. I really loved writing so many different things and connecting with ancient myths and folktales. And don't beat yourself up too much about your storybook. If I hadn't been struck with inspiration lightning and knocked it out at the beginning of the semester, I probably wouldn't have gotten that far on it either.

    Best of luck to you on all your adventures! Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 4 Story- Marine: The Secret Woman