Reading Notes: Dante's Inferno, Part A

I remember having to read Inferno back in sophomore year of high school. I thought it was cool back then because I used to read a lot back in high school. I wanted to read it again because I forgot almost all of it.

The one circle I remember a little more about is the Third Circle because that was the one I had to do a presentation on. The Third Circle is where the gluttonous people reside. They are basically bombarded with rain, sleet, and hail all the time. Cerberus, the three-headed monster, guards the gluttons who are lying in the dirty, tainted water. He claws them and flays them which makes them howl like dogs. And this is basically how the souls in that circle of hell spend their whole time. When Cerberus sees Dante and Virgil, he tries to attack them but Virgil saves them by stuffing Cerberus's mouth with mud. And while Cerberus is busy trying to eat the "food", Dante and Virgil escape around him and go to the next level.

Inferno: Cerberus and Pluto.
from Dante's Divine Comedy
translated by Tony Kline
The Third Circle. Source: History Lists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?