Wikipedia Trails: From Inferno to Giotto's Campanile

This is my second to last post for this class and I wanted it to be my favorite extra credit assignment, Wikipedia Trails.

I started the trail off with the article about Inferno. Not Dante's, but Dan Brown's. I have read the first book, Angels and Demons, in the Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown. Inferno is the fourth book in this series which I am hoping I will be able to read soon. I was curious to see when this book came out because I knew it's been a while but I wasn't exactly sure how long it has been.

From there, I went to the article about the Duomo in Florence, Italy. I was curious about this because I have seen many pictures of it and wanted to know when it was built. I watched this show on Netflix called Medici which is about the Medici family and I remember the Duomo being present during the time period portrayed in the show. I learned that the plan for it to be built started in 1296 and was completed in 1436, almost 140 years later.

Duomo in Florence, Italy. Source: Flickr.

Next I went to the article about Francesco Talenti. I'll be honest, I was curious about this person because there is a brand of gelato with the name Talenti as well. I knew the two wouldn't be related at all though. Francesco Talenti was a Tuscan architect and sculptor.

The last article I ended up at was the article about Giotto's Campanile. This is a free-standing campanile, which a bell tower. It is a part of the complex of buildings that make up Florence Cathedral. I was curious about this because Francesco Talenti made the two middle storeys of this campanile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?