Growth Mindset

In the video, "Why Sprout is my Favorite Professor at Hogwarts", John Spencer talks about how he felt different in 7th grade because of these shorts he wore. They were different than what other boys would wear, but he still wore them because his grandma made them for him and he loved her enough to wear them. One day he came to the realization that he was a nerd when his school had a spirit day that was to dress up like a nerd. When he watched Harry Potter and saw the character of Neville, he saw how much Neville reminded him of himself and he cringed. He explains how Professor Sprout came to be his favorite professor at Hogwarts because of her belief in Neville till the very end. She didn't see him as a nerd or any different that the other students. She just knew he was a good person overall. What I learned from this video is that it is okay to be different. It is okay to be "weird" because there are people out there that are going to like you regardless.


In this TED Talk, "Try something new for 30 days" by Matt Cutts, I learned that trying something new for 30 days can be very beneficial. I'm that type of person that usually sticks to what she knows and doesn't step out of her comfort zone if I don't have to. But I realized that I can't be like that forever and I will have to step out of that comfort zone to be able to do things that will be good for me. In his TED Talk, Matt poses the question "what are you waiting for?" He says that the next 30 days will pass whether you like it or not and so you should try something new. I like that he says they will pass by whether you like it or not. I took that statement in the sense that no matter what happens, the 30 days will be over so you might as well stick with for 30 days. Who knows, you might end up liking it and continue doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?