Week 2 Reading Overview

Reading Schedule for this semester

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: Homer's Iliad
Week 4: Women Saints
Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Ancient Egypt
Week 6: Arabian Nights 
Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: China
Week 9: African Tales 
Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: British North America
Week 11: Native American Marriage Tales
Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: King Arthur
Week 13: Celtic Tales
Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Brothers Grimm
Week 15: Inferno


I was so happy to see that these readings weren't just Greek and Roman mythology because I feel like those are the most talked about when talking about mythology. I'm very excited for weeks 5, 6, 12, 13, 14 and 15. I've always loved learning about Ancient Egyptian history so I'm excited to read some tales about Egyptian gods and goddesses. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies so I wanted to read more tales from Arabian Nights. I also like reading books and stories about mythical creatures so I'm excited to read the Celtic Tales and tales of King Arthur. I've read Dante's Inferno in high school but I forgot a lot of the plot so I wanted to reread that. The Russian fairy tales also seemed very interesting because there are tales about supernatural beings. Overall, I'm very excited to start reading for next week! I've always wanted to read a classic like the Iliad or Odyssey and now I actually have a reason to read it. 

King Arthur and his knights at the Round Table. Source: Wikimedia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?