Storybook Favorites

The Mystical Horses of Hogwarts

This storybook was the first one that popped up when I opened the assignment page and I knew I had to read it because it has the word Hogwarts in it, and I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. The introduction was really good and gave a nice overview of what kind of creatures we will be reading about in the storybook. Of course the author included characters from Harry Potter, but there were also other characters that I have heard about from other stories. For example, in their first story, there is a mention of Chiron, which is a centaur that I learned about in high school humanities and also was a character in the Percy Jackson series. I think the author did a good job at giving the mythology background of the creatures but also did a really good job at incorporating them into the Harry Potter world. They picked a good title that is honestly very straightforward about what to expect out of this storybook. The author kept the design and layout of all of their pages simple and I like that, but I think they could've have used more images throughout the chapters. 

Journey through Camelot

I read a few fiction books about King Arthur of Camelot and Merlin in elementary school so the title of this storybook caught my eye. I really liked the design and layout of this storybook as soon as I clicked on. I think the author also used nice images on every page. The introduction does a really good job at introducing the reader to the land of Avalon. Their use of imagery is very good that you can actually imagine Avalon in your head with the descriptive words they have used. The storybook actually made want to go read real stories about King Arthur and Merlin so I think the author does a good at keeping the reader engaged. 
I love reading about Greek Mythology so when I saw the title of this storybook, I knew I had to read it. I think the title is funny and for me personally kind of pulled me into reading the storybook. The introduction does a great job at explaining what is going to happen in this storybook. The whole storybook is basically written as if it's a show and the chapters are basically scripts for episodes. I really like that idea and I think I would use that idea if I can get creative enough with my project. There is a lot of humor in the writing so I think the author does a great job at keeping the readers engaged. The use of imagery is also really nice. Overall, the design of the storybook is nice, and I think the idea of making the chapters look like scripts is really cool. Also, I realized after I started writing this post that the chapter titles are all quotes which I think is cool as well. 

Three Graces in Primavera. Sandro Botticelli. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?