Growth Mindset: Creativity


In this article by Marilyn Price-Mitchell, she talks about five ways growth mindsets were fostered by supportive adults during adolescence. She believes that when children develop growth mindsets, they see themselves as creative works in progress.

Growth Mindsets. Source: Roots of Action.
The five growth mindsets she mentions in her article:
  1. I see connections.
  2. I am open to new ideas.
  3. I bow to my mistakes.
  4. I embrace diversity.
  5. I live in a human-virtual world.
The ones that stuck out the most to me were #2 and #3. I think that I am fairly open to new ideas, but I know I have my hesitations when it comes to some things. I don't really like change unless I know I'm going to be comfortable with it from the beginning. However, I am trying to be more open to many things. Also, I always try to learn from my mistakes but I know I always don't. 

I hope I can keep these growth mindsets in mind and they will help me grow as a person. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?