Learning Challenge: Sleeping Schedules

The title of this article caught my attention. An Underappreciated Key to College Success: Sleep is something that I feel like so many college students can relate to.

I think every college student knows how important sleep is for one's health. However, I know we've all gave up sleep to study or do homework. I know some friends that can easily pull all-nighters now because they got so used to doing it for certain classes.

The author mentions in this article that college students who don't adopt healthy sleep habits are more likely to have a harder time trying to deal with the coarse load and are less likely to reach their academic potential.

At the end of the article, there are a few tips that can help to assure that you get a good night's sleep.

One thing that I have tried doing before is getting up at the same time everyday, including weekends. I feel like this is the hardest thing for me because I am just that person that values her sleep especially on the weekends. I have early classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and a noon class on Tuesday and Thursday so I feel like I get a good enough balance of sleep. However, I feel like once I graduate and won't have classes to worry about, I'm going to try waking up at the same time everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?