Wikipedia Trails: From Russia to Pythagoras

I started the trail with the article about Russia. I did extra credit reading this week which was the Russian Fairy Tales. I thought these were so interesting to read so I wanted to know more about Russia. Moscow and St. Petersburg are also cities that are on my bucket list so I wanted to see if I could find other cool cities from the article that I might want to add to my bucket list.

From there I went to the article about the Caspian Sea. I went to the this article because I had heard about this sea before but I wanted to see what else I could find out about it. One thing I learned from this article was that the Caspian Sea is variously classed as the "world's largest lake" or full-fledged sea. It is considered that because the Caspian Sea is landlocked, and doesn't have any outflows.

The next article I went to is the one about the Persian Gulf. I was curious to see where this gulf was and what the countries around it are. I knew for sure that the United Arab Emirates are in that area and Dubai is also on my bucket list. I found out that about six countries and territories have a coastline on the Persian Gulf including Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates.

The Persian Gulf. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

The last article I went to was the Pythagoras one. I went to this article because I remember the name Pythagoras from the Pythagorean Theorem. I remember learning a little bit about him back in high school but I totally forgot everything. Something I learned from this article that Pythagoras influenced Plato , whose dialogues, exhibit Pythagorean teachings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?