Project Topic Brainstorm

I'm excited to be able to create another Storybook or a Portfolio project for this class. When I started this class I was thinking it could probably be about some kind of Greek or Roman mythology. But after doing the Reading Overview in Week 2 and seeing all of the other reading options, I might make a project about something else besides Greek Mythology. Here are four of the possible topics I could base my project on.


1. Greek Mythology

I've always been a fan of Greek mythology since high school. In high school, I read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and that is when my interest for Greek mythology. As I was browsing through books, I noticed that are many different kinds of myths and legends that I hadn't heard of before. However, I think if I were to base my project around something certain, it would be about the gods and goddess of Olympus. I think it would be interesting to write a reality show kind of project on how the lives of these gods and goddesses are, kind of like Keeping Up with the Kardashians. One book I have found about this topic is Greek Gods, Heroes, and Men. There are chapters about different gods and goddesses so I think I can make a personality for each god based off what is written in each chapter.

2. Fairy Tale Princesses

I have always loved Disney princess movies so I think making a project about princesses would be really cool. Now I know that these aren't exactly the same Disney princesses in the readings. I think it would be cool to have something like comparing the Disney princesses to their Brothers Grimm counterparts. I'm not sure yet how I would go about that but I think it would still be a cool idea. I think the Crane unit for the Week 14-15 readings has some chapters about Snow White and Cinderella. Also, the Librivox unit has chapters about Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty, so I could use those as possible resources.

3. Heroines of Myth and Legends.

Last fall when I took Indian Epics, I got to read quite a few stories and saw I think one or two projects based on only female characters and I felt inspired to write a story solely based on female characters. I think it would be cool to make a whole project about the heroines of myth and legends. I know there are lots of myths and legends about goddesses, heroines, and the many other female characters so I could find lots of resources to help me put together a project. One book I found that I want to read is about Princess Badoura. She was a princess that Aladdin married in one of the stories from Arabian Nights.

4. Ancient Egyptians

Ancient Egyptian history is one of my favorite subjects to read about or watch movies about. I have always been fascinated with the discoveries of mummies and tombs, and what mainly started my interest were the Mummy movies. I think I could make a project about the gods and pharaohs of Ancient Egypt. One book I found that I could use as inspiration for characters is Legends of the Gods- The Egyptian Texts.

Egypt. Source: Wikimedia Commons. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 4 Story- Marine: The Secret Woman