Famous Last Words: Dancing My Way into the Next 8 Weeks

Last Sunday, September 29th, the Hindu festival of Navratri started. Navratri literally means "nine days". Navratri is when we celebrate the victory of Lord Ram defeating the demon Ravan. In my culture, which is Gujarati culture, we do a dance called garba for these nine days of the festival. In India, they do it for nine days straight, even with school and work, which I think is crazy. The dancing can get so fast and intricate that your feet and legs will be sore the next morning, so I don't know how people have the strength to go every night in India. Obviously we can't do nine days straight here in America because of school and work, so my community does garba every weekend for three weekends. This was the first weekend and I was so, so excited to finally be able to do garba. It only comes around once a year so I definitely have to take advantage of it!
Garba in India. Wikimedia Commons.
Moving on to my school, I think I did pretty good this weekend. I was able to get all of my readings done. I actually though these Chinese stories were so interesting so I am glad I was able to do Part B as well because I do miss it some weeks.

My best writing for this week is I think my story. I've been wanting to try the "dear diary" theme for a few weeks now so I finally found a story that I thought would be a good basis for the dear diary theme.

I think I've finally got that groove of writing. 8 weeks too late, but finally got it. I could feel like creative juices flowing this week. I wrote an introduction for my storybook which I was behind on and I was able to write my first story for the storybook as well. I hope this groove keeps going and doesn't stop because I can't afford to fall behind anymore on assignments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?