Week 8 Reading and Writing

A book. Source: Pixabay.
  1. Overall, how well are the reading and writing assignments working for you?
    • I think the reading and writing assignments are working pretty well. I mentioned in one of my posts from last week how I sometimes am not able to do Part B. That is mainly because I don't find them that interesting and/or I put them because I don't want to read them at the moment. However, I think I've been doing a better job at getting both parts of the reading done these last two weeks. As for my writing, I think that's also working well. It took me a while to really get into the groove of writing stories again so when I finally got that groove, I think I was able to write better stories. 
  2. Are you happy with your blog? With your project website?
    • I'm pretty happy with my blog! I like the color scheme the most. I think my blog is also pretty easy to view and to read so I like that. My project website I like right now, but I know I do want to change it up. I like to get all extra with it and change the background for the text, and I even added music one time for one of my stories when I took Epics of India. So I'm still working on it, but so far I am happy with how it looks now. 
  3. Are you satisfied with how the writing is going for your project? How about your story posts?
    • I fell a little behind on the project because I couldn't come up with an introduction on time. It literally took me two weeks to even come up with something, but when it did finally come to me, I was able to finish the introduction where quickly. Like I mentioned in the first question, I finally got that groove of writing so I think I'll be able to finish up the stories for both the blog and project more quickly than before.
  4. What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment(s) in your writing for this class? 
    • My biggest accomplishment I believe so far is the different types of writing strategies that I ventured into. I saw people doing Gossip Girl or Dear Diary or gender-swap stories and I figured I wouldn't be able to write a story like that would be good. But I did end up writing a role-reversal story and a "dear diary" story. How good they are, that's up to the readers to decide. 
  5. What has been your favorite reading so far?
    • My favorite reading so far has to be Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp. I love the Disney version of Aladdin so reading this version and seeing how many differences there are between these versions was so interesting! 
  6. Are your reading notes helping you each week with your story post?
    • I think they mostly are helping me. I'm a detail-oriented person so I need as much detail as I can get to write a story. I basically write an entire summary in my notes but I also write at the end how I want my story to be. As in, how I want to change it up and make it my own.
  7. Have you discovered any new reading/research strategies?
    • I've tried to venture out and use different strategies for my stories so I think I'm going to continue that for the rest of the semester. I hopefully will be able to use the Gossip Girl theme because I have been wanting to write one since the beginning of the semester. As for reading, I haven't really tried reading in a different way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?