Week 10 Review

Okay so I'm going to be a little (a lot actually) biased about this graphic and this video I have picked. I'm Indian and I love all of the stuff posted on the announcements about India.

Today is Diwali, which is the Festival of Lights. This whole weekend was full of festivities for me. Diwali for me means being around the ones you love. I love Diwali because it means I get to see family and friends, especially the ones I don't get to see often.

Kids lighting "diyas" which are oil lamps. Source: Chandigarh Tribune.
I love this picture of these two kids lighting diyas. I love lighting up my whole house with diyas! I wish one day I'll be able to celebrate Diwali in India. I know it's a big celebration there and I would love to experience it.




I really liked this video because it explains why Diwali is celebrated, and it tells the more religious side of it. I think we tend to forget, especially me sometimes, how some festivals are celebrated in the first place. So this was a good reminder of the religious aspects behind Diwali.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?