Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Self-reflection. Source: Feedback Cats.
I chose this image because this cat is literally me. I like getting external feedback but sometimes you have to listen to your internal feedback you give yourself as well. 

I think the feedback I have received from everyone has been 10/10! I love all of the feedback I get, especially now on my comment wall. When I first started writing my introduction, I just did what I thought was best and came to mind. But when I started receiving feedback on it, I was like "oh yeah, why didn't I think of that?" or "oh that's actually a good idea. I could use that in my story." So I think the feedback I've been receiving has been really helpful. I really like the questions and statements that are like "what if you did this instead of this? or "I wonder if you did ____, then ____." I think those help the writer come up with more ideas for future stories.

The feedback I think I've been giving people has been pretty good. I don't get too critical because most of the time I do enjoy what I read, so sometimes I feel like I have to go back and reread the story another time to find something that I felt is off. I especially like giving feedback on projects because you have more things to give feedback on (banner image, layout, etc.) I think the best strategy that has worked for me to give good, helpful feedback is rereading the story 2-3 times. The second and third time around, you start to read more detail and you can see what you like, what you felt was off, what you think could've been better. 

I love reading people's introduction posts! It's fun to be able to get a glimpse into someone's life. I feel like it's always hard trying to do the icebreaker introductions on the first day of class. The introduction blog post for these classes is so much better because you can tell more about yourself. I'm always surprised when I see someone write a really good story with good grammar and all, and then I go to their introduction and see they're a biology or some kind fo science major. I honestly was expecting an english or journalism major because of how good the writing is. 

I think I need to start giving more useful feedback for sure. I'm sure people appreciate the "I love your story" or "I enjoyed reading your story," which I do! I really do enjoy reading them, but I'm sure they want something more useful than that. 

I definitely do want to go and change my Introduction. When I read some people's introductions and see how we have things in common, I'm just like "why didn't I say that in my introduction? I totally forgot about that." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?