Wikipedia Trails: From Ogre to Dante Alighieri

I started this trail off with the article about ogres. I read a story and wrote a story about an ogre so I wanted to know more about them. I know what an ogre is because of stories from elementary school that I had read but never really know how they came to be. Something new I learned about ogres is that the word "ogre" is of French religion. Ogre is derived from the Etruscan god Orcus who fed on human flesh.

From there I went to the article The Spiderwick Chronicles. I have always wanted to read these books because I got a lot of recommendations from my friends but I never really got around to reading them. Something I learned from this article is that there was even a film adaptation of these books.

The logo for the Spiderwick Chronicles. Source: Wikimedia Commons.
The next article I went to was the article about manticores. I know somewhat about manticores because they were mentioned in the Percy Jackson books. I always thought they were from Greek Mythology but from this article I learned that they are actually of Persian background.

The last article I went to was the one about Dante Alighieri. In high school I learned somewhat about him because we read Dante's Inferno, but I've forgotten about what else he has written besides that. I know Dante's Inferno is an option in the last weeks of reading so I'm excited to be able to read it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Psychologist.

Week 9 Story: Anansi the... wise?